The Art of the Audition • The Business of the Art
TWO DATES: APRIL 29 or APRIL 30
TIME: 10:00 AM TO 4:00 PM Both Days
For ages 15 and up.
Enroll early to assure your spot.
• The Casting Perspective – What Casting professionals expect from Actors. What key elements are they looking for?
• Why Certain Actors Succeed – Mr. Weber talks about the actors he’s worked with and what makes them successful, including Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Dakota Fanning, and Reese Witherspoon.
• What You MUST Do Right Now – Jumpstart your career with these valuable tips for self-branding and marketing.
• Don’t psych yourself out before you even get in the room! Essential techniques that will empower you to stop thinking of yourself as “the victim” in the Audition Room and let the “winning performer” take the stage!
• Indispensable advise on how to handle Rejection, and how to turn Anxiety and Nervousness into Excitement motivated by the joy of doing what you love to do!
• The Laws of Attraction: What you can do now to make your talent more desirable and marketable to an agent, manager or casting director and why.
• The Headshots & Resumes that get noticed today – The very latest on these crucial tools – and how the digital revolution is transforming the Audition process.
Focuses on the actual Audition and involves actors in the process using scene work to experience and illustrate new techniques. Mr. Weber covers:
• The Anatomy of the Audition – What actually happens?
• How to make the Boldest, most Effective Choices in The Room.
• The Importance of Listening, Cold Reading Technique, and Script Analysis.
• How to Deliver Your Best Read The First Time.
• Why Actors Fail – Common and avoidable mistakes that take Actors out
• Actors will do on camera cold read’s audition style with Paul’s feedback.
• Recorded class work including Paul’s feedback will be on Vimeo for you.
* Some scenes played by adult actors will deal with mature content.
“It is Paul’s gift to actors, to reach them and teach them to be better performers is truly a site to behold . . . I highly recommend Paul Weber’s class to directors of schools and institutes worldwide.”
— Marg Haynes, Director, The Australian Institute for Performing Arts
“Paul Weber saw a skinny, uncredited actor audition for the role of a hulking, iconic gladiator. Everything I knew about auditions told me, no matter how hard I tried, I didn’t have a chance. Paul taught me the things I assumed about casting could be wrong – a good casting director will see the potential, regardless of the situation. His vision, belief and advice through the audition process was instrumental in me getting cast in Spartacus, something that has opened an entire career to me, and completely changed my life.”
— Liam Mcintyre, Star of “Spartacus
As Former Executive Head of Television Casting and Feature Film Consultant for MGM Studios, Paul Weber notably cast the wildly popular STARGATE franchise. Other TV credits include SPARTACUS:GODS OF THE ARENA, DEAD LIKE ME, SHE SPIES, POLTERGEIST, and THE OUTER LIMITS. These series and others have garnered numerous honors including 21 Primetime Emmy Award nominations. For the big screen, Weber has advised on numerous MGM features including the blockbuster JAMES BOND franchise, FAME, ZOOKEEPER with Kevin James, HOT TUB TIME MACHINE, RED DAWN with Chris Hemsworth, Joss Whedon’s CABIN IN THE WOODS, and ROBOCOP. Paul Weber’s Website
Weber is now a fully independent casting director and producer. In addition to a number of independent features, recent and on going credits include projects for STARZ, NETFLIX, LIFETIME and the CW. He is currently working on series and pilots for NETFLIX, STARZ and THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL. As well as casting several Independent Features, (ANTHEM, BUCKOUT ROAD and THE ENEMY) and a series of movies for LIFETIME/A&E, he is a casting consultant for several Canadian and American production companies, studios and networks. Under his production banner, “One on the Way Prod”, Paul and his producing partners are engaged in developing and producing new media and independent feature projects. The feature BUCKOUT ROAD, which he is casting and co-producing, will be shot in Toronto this summer. Paul Weber on IMDb
Weber is a member of the Casting Society of America, the Writers Guild of America, and has served on the Host Committee for the Annual Academy Awards. He is also a respected audition coach and teaches his Art of the Audition, Business of the Art Audition technique class worldwide, including a number of Liberal Arts Colleges and Universities. He was the first American Casting director ever to be invited to teach his program in South Africa and Cyprus. He also teaches and lectures extensively throughout Canada and England and Australia, recently returning from Sydney where he taught at the renowned Australian Institute of Performing Arts. His American University visits include the University of Texas, Austin, The University of Conn., University of Arizona, the University of Virginia and Sante Fe College, Florida. He is a regular teaching guest at the SAG-AFTRA Foundation and an instructor in the Theatre/Film Dept. at UCLA. He recently appeared on the prestigious SXSW Film Festival panel representing Film Casting Directors and is on the Advisory Board of the Santa Fe Film festival. He is presently working on a book about Auditioning entitled “The Art of the Audition, the Business of the Art.”
This is not a job interview or audition. The presence of a casting director is neither a guarantee or promise of work. They are here providing education and are not represented as having input in any employment opportunity.
To enroll complete the registration form and send an interac eTransfer for $250.00 to email@example.com. RSVP on Facebook
Enrollment at the Milne Studio requires that you understand and adhere to our Studio Policies. Please peruse our Policy Page, enrollment is your acceptance of all our policies. Please be sure to thoroughly check our Schedule Page for dates and times of classes.